From 1850, the foundation of the first cellar in Canelli, to today, Gancia has known how to create, innovate, expand and confirm itself.
Carlo Gancia's initial intuitions, his passion for the land and for the vines, the constant search and the innovative and pioneering use of publicity have proven to be the solid roots upon which Gancia has grown over the years to assume protagonist role in Italy and a relevant presence on European and Worldwide markets.
Gancia presents itself today as a Leader on the Italian market for the production of sparkling wine confirming at the same time a strong presence on the International Panorama.
Gancia is a company of large numbers:
- 2000 hectares of controlled vineyards
- 30 hectares of its own vineyards for the production of red and white Piedmontese wines
- over 5 million kilos of grapes which are vinified each year
- over 1000 barriques used for the refining of red and white wines and for the preparation of the cuvée for sparkling wines
- over 1 km of underground historical galleries interwind with the numerous cellars
- over 600 square metres of suggestive cellars with vaulted ceilings dating back to the beginning of the nineteenth century where the Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Moscato grapes harvested in baskets and softly pressed and prepared for the production of Gancia's Classic Method sparkling wines.
- 25.0000.000 bottles of sparkling wines, wines and aperitifs produced each year
Gancia's presence on International markets began at the end of the 1800s and has, over the years, become consolidated with over 60 important export markets among which Portugal, Japan, Finland, France, Belgium, Korea, China, Russia and the United States.